WELCOMEThe faculty, staff, and administration welcome you to Trenton Rosenwald Middle School. It is our sincere hope that you will find this year challenging, exciting, and rewarding. Your success in school will depend upon the development of effective study habits, regular attendance and selfdiscipline. The goal of TRMS is for each student to achieve his/her greatest potential. To reach this goal, a cooperative effort on the part of students, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community must exist. We urge your cooperation in this venture and assure you that the result will be well worth the effort. It is generally recognized that participation in school activities increases one’s academic success. For this reason, all of us at TRMS encourage you to become involved in the wide variety of activities that will occur this year. Participation in school activities generates a sense of loyalty and pride. Remember, this is YOUR school. Plan to attend extracurricular events and show your school spirit. The purpose of this handbook is to help you become aware of your privileges, opportunities, and responsibilities as a citizen of this school. Each student should read this handbook as well. If you or your parents have questions or concerns about the procedures outlined in this handbook, please feel free to contact a teacher, counselor, or administrator for an explanation.
SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENTThe mission of Trenton Rosenwald Middle School is to make certain that every child is given the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to lead a successful and productive life. Good, acceptable moral character and citizenship begin in the home….parental support being a crucial element….our school environment has as its purpose to implement classes, provide role models, and therefore, mold students who respect those in authority, their peers, and the rules necessary for a successful and productive life.
OUR STAFF BELIEVES:1. We maintain a positive and high quality learning environment for all students.
2. We sustain a close relationship between the school and other learning environments (school, home, and industry).
3. We are committed to providing learning opportunities for each student to maximize his or her potential within the scope of their capabilities.
4. We appreciate the increase of our student's level of achievement on both comprehensive/ assessment and proficiency tests.
5. We competently assure that each child progresses by at least the minimum standard of each grade level.
6. We are dedicated to the commitment of meeting the needs of not only those of higher academic aptitude and the below average learner, but the average student as well.
7. We greatly influence the minimization of confrontations by instilling in our students an understanding of the ultimate value of self-discipline and total school involvement.