Trenton Rosenwald Middle School Home PageTrenton Rosenwald Middle School
« December 2017 »
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
6

 

Username:
Password:
History of TRMS

The original Trenton Rosenwald School was part of the Rosenwald rural school building program - a major effort to improve the quality of public education for African Americans in the early twentieth-century South.Philanthropist Julius Rosenwald, president of Sears Roebuck & Co. donated $22,500,000 to promote general education and to improve the opportunities and living conditions for Black Americans.

 
The site of the original Trenton Rosenawld School was on East Second street, and was donated by the Mann Chapman family in 1928.




Trenton Rosenwald Middle School was moved into a new building in 1996, located at 2065 Hwy 45 Bypass. The superintendent at the time was Mr. Larry J. Ridings and the board members were Mr. Wayne Morris, Mr. Ralph Bobbitt, Mrs. Josephine Jackson, Mr. Robert "Butch" Shelton, and Mr. George Wade. 
 Trenton Rosenwald Middle School currently serves approximately 430 students in grades 5 through 8.
Site Map | Privacy Policy | View "printer-friendly" page | Login   In Japanese  In Korean  En français  Auf Deutsch  In italiano   No português  En español  In Russian  
Site powered by SchoolFusion.com © 2017 - Educational website content management